Terms & Conditions
- Each submitted entry must be an original work of which you are the sole author.
- All entries must contain 6 words, no more, no less. Punctuation does not count as a word. Each word must be separated by a space. An eligible entry will have six words and space between each word.
- No paper entries will be accepted, all entries must be submitted at www.shortwritingcontest.com
- The decision of the judges is final. The judges may choose no winner if they find no entry that, in their estimation, merits publication and the award.
- Each entry must be submitted in accordance with the eligibility requirements, format, guidelines, and entry requirements, or it will be disqualified.
- No entry fees will be returned.
- This competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Winners will be announced on our website no later than 60 days after the competition deadline.
- If a contestant wins, he/she may not enter the competition again for the next 12 months.
- Six Word Entries must be uploaded to www. shortwritingcontest.com by the competition deadline. Late entries will be not be accepted.
- All contestants must read and agree to contest Terms and Conditions.
What is Ineligible?
- A Six Word Short Story that has previously won cannot be re-submitted.
- Submissions from Lake Region Arts Council employees, LRAC Board members, and Six Word Short Story Judges are ineligible.
- Entries in languages other than English.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
No entry fees will be returned.